Thursday, January 22, 2009

Interesting things... haha

Thursday, January 22, 2009
you do know those Japan toilet seats are freakking-ly modern
some even have a remote control for the toilet seat
and now.. a new creation.. Toilet seat that can use to weight ur body !!

Fat Before a Visit to the Loo, Skinny After

You know they say you’re a few pounds lighter after a seated visit to the loo, it’s true. Designer Haikun Deng designed a toilet seat with a built-in digital scale but her rationale behind its conception is a bit counter productive. It’s designed for women who are constantly monitoring their weight. The need to feel skinny is satisfied every time they finish the “doo.”

I have 2 concerns. Should we really be designing products to reinforce people’s self doubts and esteem problems? Secondly I thought you could only get an accurate weight reading standing up or completely suspended.

Actually I just thought of a 3rd concern. The protagonist in Haikun’s illustrations is clearly skinny. She shouldn’t be worried about being fat. See, SEE what the media is doing to us! Now excuse me while I go on a food binge.

Designer: Haikun Deng



another interesting one Hamburger bed !!!
looks soo comfortable !! fuuyoh !

burger-bed-1.jpg

The Hamburger bed (which is actually a cheeseburger) is a round bed that looks like a hamburger and has a Facebook fan page. I was going to become a fan, but decided I'd probably end up stalking that delicious bitch and that would bad. So, instead, I'm going to make my own taco bed.

UPDATE: So I had this weird dream about being a giant last night and, fuck, I think I ate my pillows.

Hit the jump for a few more shots and a link to the burger's Facebook page. And, while you're at it, friend me, ladies.

burger-bed-2.jpg

burger-bed-3.jpg

i'll just post these that i think its really funny ! hahha


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates